I paid over $2000 for this warrenty and have tried to use it numerous times but nothing that has gone wrong with my car has been covered.I have purchased other warrenties from dealers and have been totally pleased with what they covered.

I just spent another $1500 today because nothing was covered. I will never buy a warrenty from tele-marketers (SPD) again. I don't see how every repair that I have needed, not one item was a covered item.

I had the dealer look over it today and he said it is a big rip-off and to contact the BBB.I am going to do so.

Had an Experience with Service Protection Direct?

Comments

Yep Im going to cancel even if there's a cancellation fee and they better not touch my account after that or else.I wish I would've read this before I got into this mess.

Everytime I call they don't cover so what's the point of having them?Even the toyota service never heard of that company or saw this *** card before...

Protection Direct Rep

Erin,

We understand how frustrating it can be when a repair isn’t covered! We'd be happy to further review your case. Just contact us at feedback@protectiondirect.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Team

I purchased the warranty plan paying just under $3000.When my truck broke down, I called customer service just to verify what would be covered, where to take it, etc.

I was told that 100% of parts and 100% of labor would be paid and I could take it anywhere as long as the shop would receive payment electronically. No problem, this is great. I take my truck to the shop, they look at it, tear the motor apart, and I find out they will only pay for $1000, leaving me to pay the rest.

No matter who you call, they are rude and tell you the same thing.My next phone call is BBB, Federal Trade Commission, and my attorney.

I have the same problem. They have never covered anything that I have needed covering. I have spent over 3000.00 in the last two months to no avail. In addition to filing a complaint with the BBB, I am going to file a complaint with the FTC Consumer Protection office in Washington. Federal Trade Commission

600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW

Washington, DC 20580

(202) 326-2222

I suggest that you contact them as well